Monday, December 16, 2013
The formula is enriched with special oil blends - argan, avocado, cottonseed and grapeseed. We all know grapeseed oil has ceremides. I'll write a review when I buy it.
Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Candelilla Cera/Cerifolia Wax, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil/Avocado Oil, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil/Grape Seed Oil, Tricedeth 6, Limonene, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hexyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylphenyl Methlypropronial, Hydroxycitronellal, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Gossypium Herbaceum Oil/Cotton Seed Oil, Amyl Cinnamal, Parfum/Fragrance
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
I constantly take vitamins as part of my daily routine. Recently I ran across Resveratrol which has the same antioxidant properties as red wine but with out the calories. To my surprise Dr. Oz has also covered this supplement on his show, stating that "research shows that resveratrol can prevent blood clots and inhibit the growth of cancer cells; other studies show it may have a positive impact on longevity."
I read many of the reviews on amazon about increased energy and I thought it would be great for hair growth. I've only been taking it for about a week, so I will check back in again to let you about the long term benefits for me.
Here is the link to where I bought it on amazon.
Thursday, August 8, 2013
Definitely, check out this project it's celebrating the darker hues of us ladies. It's nice to see that we can appreciate each other's beauty. I have certainly found some new shades of lipstick to try. You can submit your picture and be immortalized in web history.
Saturday, August 3, 2013
My water in take has been lacking. I own this 56oz bottle, so I have to drink one bottle a day.
Lastly, moisturizing everyday and adding more protein to my hair as it has been breaking a lot more lately.
Wednesday, July 24, 2013
I finally got my hands on the coveted Napa Valley grape seed oil. TJ Maxx finally restocked it. I can't tell you how many times I went in there looking for it. Tears of joy flowed down my cheeks (I kid). You can tell from the color of the oil that it is a potent brand. I will write a review soon about experience with it. The biggest reason I bought it was due its ceramide component which is great for relaxed hair.
Here are are a few benefits of grapeseed oil from http://grapeseedoilforhair.com/
1. Regularly massaging the scalp with the grapeseed oil for hair certainly supplies the hair with a lot of nutrients and makes the hair far more moisturized and thus makes it stronger and prevents it from damage and brittleness.
2. Another very common problem about hair is the problem that involves dandruff. Well applying grapeseed oil on a regular basis can actually help the hair to get rid of the dandruff problem permanently.
3. The best thing about the grapeseed oil is that everyone can apply this oil and get the benefits of it completely. The oil is made for hair of all nature. Thus oily hair or normal hair or dry hair does not have anything to do with getting the complete benefits of the oil because one can completely get the advantages of this oil irrespective of the quality of the hair.
4. The grapeseed oi for hair is considered to be the best home based hair remedy. The grapeseed oil contains Vitamin E which makes the hair cells stronger and thus just applying the oil properly and massaging the hair with this oil by staying back home can absolutely heal the damaged hair system.
5. Heat protection is another very important and beneficial property of the grapeseed oil. Many people get the effect of the hair heating system which results the hair to get damaged and rough. The grapeseed oil for hair protects the hair from heat and thereafter enables the quality of the hair to stay intact.
6. The fast absorbing quality of the grapeseed oil is another very good quality of the grapeseed oil for hair. The appliance of this oil in the hair does not make the user to feel heavy haired because of the lighter weight of this oil and more over the non sticky and odorless properties of this oil makes it further more usable and preferable.
7. This oil can also be used with other products or other hair quality enhancing stuffs. The presence of the grape seed oil in any product makes the product itself far more beneficial and effective.
Tuesday, July 23, 2013
I have been using this to co-wash for a month now and it is does exactly what it promises. It gives me the best slip of any conditioner I have used. It's great to use after a deep conditioning treatment because of the slip factor. It's make it easier for me to comb my hair with out any damage. I made the mistake of buying a similar product from Giovanni and wasn't as impressed with it. The best part of this conditioner is that you don't have to add anything to it. This is definitely a staple product. I'll be posting progress pictures soon, so stay tooned.
Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cyclopentasiloxane , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Dimethicone , Ecklonia Radiata ExtractAustralian Sea Kelp , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil , Glutamic Acid , Fragrance , Benzyl Alcohol , EDTA , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone
Friday, March 1, 2013
I have officially joined the Hairfinity craze. There is too much hype around this product for me not to try it. The before and after pictures of many Hairfinity users are undeniable impressive. I am currently using the GNC Hair Skin and Nails vitamins which has been good but not substantial in results. There will be a before and after pick that I will post at some point, possibly at the one month point.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
I was meaning to do a review on this shampoo for a while but I wanted to use it for about a month to really test the results. This is one of the best moisturizing shampoos I have ever used. I didn't really feel like I was using a shampoo. However, my scalp really felt clean. My hair did not feel stripped or tangled, and I even used it after a hard protein treatment. I would suggest that if you decide to use any shampoo that you pour some in a applicator bottle and dilute with water. It is the most effective way to directly get the shampoo on your scalp. This will definitely be a repurchased item. Check out the ingredients below.
Aqua, Sodium Lauryl Ether Sulfate, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter/Mango Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii Fruit/Shea Butter, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil/Olive Oil, Argonia Spinosa Nut Oil/Argon Oil, Cocos Nucifera Oil/Coconut Oil,Tocopherol, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil. Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract/Aloe Vera Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract/Rosemary Extract,Giycol Stearate, Polyquaternium 10, DMDM Hydantoin, Cocamide MEA. Citric Acid, lmidazolidinyl Urea, Daucus Carota Sativa Root Oil/Carrot Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, d-Limonene, Hexyl cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool.
Sunday, January 6, 2013
So on Saturday January 6th 2013 I went and got a fresh relaxer and here are the results. I was 8 weeks post when I decided to relax my hair. This salon trip included a trim that my hair dresser said I didn't need but I felt like the ends of my hair were damaged. However, this will be the last trim I receive this year. I believe I have cut all the damage out and will be experiencing just growth. I just need to find some one to corn row my hair so I can have it sitting neatly under my wigs. Lastly my next relaxer will not be for another 3 months, with this braiding process I will be stretching for longer periods of time.
Friday, January 4, 2013
This wig is from RPG show which has been all the rave on youtube. I'm absolutely in love with this wig. I will most likely have to save quite a few pennies to get this beautiful one. It's about $305 which is a little steep for me but wigs are an investment in my healthy hair journey so I will definitely have Tyra on wish list.